Why are Filipinos unable to grasp simple cause-and-effect relationships?



If you perform some action X and experience an unpleasant outcome Y as a direct result, is action X good or bad?

- If I elect a thief as a local mayor, and observe that he steals all the public funds, what can I learn from this?

- If I throw trash everywhere and observe that it blocks the storm drains, what can I learn from this?

- If I eat garbage and observe that I develop metabolic disorders, what can I learn from this?

- If I go through life treating other people and animals with cruelty, abuse, and manipulation; if I lie to people, and use them for my personal gain; if I refuse to consider anybody's feelings except my own; and if I then find that I am poor and miserable and excluded, what can I learn from this?

How is it that Filipinos are completely unable to perform these simple tests?


---------------------
This is a GRP Featured Comment. Join the discussion!



Comments

Popular this week

Day 2: Senate hearing backfires against a rattled Senator Leila de Lima!

Duterte BPI bank scandal a trap set for Trillanes?

Reporters Karen Lema and Manuel Mogato of @Reuters LIED about the Duterte "Hitler" quote

An open letter to CNN on their reporting on the #YolandaPH disaster in the Philippines