Simple principles outlined by Manila Standard columnist Jojo Robles today:
(1) You may disagree with a court of law but you may not defy it.
(2) Charges filed against Arroyo were rushed and the people behind it coerced.
(3) One need not be pro-Arroyo to see the error in what Malacañang did to the justice system by defying the Supreme Court.
(4) The charges against Arroyo are weak and will struggle to get through any court that is headed by a decent judge.
(5) The fact of who appointed the justices of the Supreme Court provide no bases for accusing them of biased decisions.
Read the full article here.